Friday, July 31, 2009

We're Getting Hitched Tomorrow!

Ah, my last post as an unmarried bee. I had to write it today since we start really early tomorrow (before 7am!).

I have to say, I (or we) didn't think we'd make it to this day. The last few months and particularly, this last week has been filled with more drama and madness than we thought we could survive. And here we are, almost at the finish line.

I can't tell everyone how much Weddingbee has meant to me through this planning process. Besides a few out-of-state friends and Mr. Joey (mostly in the last 8 weeks), I've been largely alone in the planning process. No one understood why I was DIYing so much, and it was hard to find anyone who understood our vision or look for the wedding until I found the Hive. It was like having a 1000 friends to bounce ideas off and help with the wedding. For I will always be grateful to you all.

And for Mr. Joey, I have a little antidote.

A few times a week when I'm waiting for my bus on 1st and Jackson, I see this elderly couple. As soon as I spot them in the distance, my mood immediately changes and I can't help but smile. Every time I see this couple (at least in their 80's) strolling down the street, they are walking hand in hand and smiling. It's like it's been this way for the last 60 years, just the two of them. They looks so happy, like they have been walking this way forever. Like they walked this way through good times and bad, but always survived because they were together. Usually they are oblivious to the world around them, but every so often the wife will catch me smiling and staring at them and give me this look that says, "this will be you too and when it is, it will be wonderful." I'm not the only person who stops and watches them as they pass. Even the sourest sourpuss smiles when they walk by.

Mister, I can't wait for that, to be that couple. I can't wait to spend the next 60 years (and more) with you walking hand in hand. It's going to be filled with laughter and tears, but it's going to be great because we're also in this together.

So everyone, I'll see you on the flip side!

Happily, for the last time,
Miss Joey

No comments: