Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Wedding Traditions: Something Blue

I've already shared my something old and my something borrowed, so now it's time for my something blue.

My something blue is the garter FMIL Joey wore at her wedding. Her Aunt made it for her. It's very simple and very light blue.


We weren't sure we were going to do a garter toss, but when FMIL gave me the blue garter, I knew we had to. She wasn't making us or anything. I knew we had to because it was the only heirloom or tradition we had from Mr. Joey's family and I really wanted to incorporate it into the wedding.

The garter needs a little work - the elastic needs replacing.

Mr. Joey and I were talking and we thought it would be fun to make the garter our own. We want to add a little something to it. We were thinking of either stitching our wedding date on to it or adding a flower to it. Then the next person who wears it can add their own history to it.

Are you adding anything to any wedding heirlooms you hope to pass along?

No comments: