Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cuts Like a Knife - the programs

or a paper cutter.

Is everyone liking the programs - song lyrics series I've got going on here?

Where did we leave off? Right? The outsides

We decided on programs a la the Cupcakes, but we changed them to fit our design style and DIY abilities.
We had 3 or 4 sheets (I can't remember now) of the 22 x 30 Canson Edition Paper from our invites. I love this paper. The color is a cool grey and the texture is great. I cut those 20 x 30 inch sheets down to a huge pile of 3.5 x 4.5 inch mini covers. It was no easy task! I had to cut them in half, and then half again and then down to size. I wish I had pictures of the process for you.

Instead of printing on the cover, I decided to make a half belly band to put on the front. I say half because it's not on the back in the same way.




I printed about 15 of these onto 65lb white paper and cut them down to size. This took awhile but luckily we had season 1 of the West Wing on DVD to pass the time.

Once I had the front and back (that's coming later) bands done, I handed the paper cutter off to Mr. Joey to finish up the inside part.

When I knew there was a lot of paper cutting to be done for our various DIY projects, I used a Christmas gift card to buy the X-Acto 12" Laser Paper Trimmer. Mrs. Daffodil liked it so much that the queen of DIY gadgets, Mrs. Penguin, wanted one. I'm so glad I bought this thing. My complaints are very minor (I wish it was bigger) but my appreciation for it is HUGE!

What DIY tool really saved time and you DIY sanity?

No comments: