Friday, July 10, 2009

Are Those Sea Urchins?



No, they aren't sea urchins. These are my attempt at making paper Pom-Poms. Making these suckers wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Come on, tissue paper and wire? I can do that. Nope.

Well, I can do that but they don't look as nice as the ready made ones you see on Etsy. My "petals" were wrinkled and my poms didn't look as round as Martha's.

Why the poms? Well, at first I thought about using 6-8 of them to give our chapel a little splash of color but as I was practicing by making small poms, I realized the poms would give my tables and centerpieces the texture I have been looking for.

I think I'm going to stay away from the pointy edged poms (a.k.a sea urchins) and stick with the round edged ones.



What DIY fooled you into thinking it was easy to execute?

No comments: