Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Details, Details -- A Last Minute Idea

Yes, I have one. I know I shouldn't but I think this one will be OK. It may turn out to be less work than the first idea.

So way back when, our ceremony coordinator said the flower girl couldn't throw/drop fresh or dried flowers as she walked in. I was comteplating buying a bag of fake rose petals from Michael's but it just didn't feel like something that went with the style of our wedding. I then had this brilliant idea to make flowers out of the scraps of fabric we used for the table runners. It would tie together the reception and ceremony nicely.

Well, time has passed and I still haven't started on those flowers. I thought about having FMIL Joey take them on, but it may be too time intensive.

Guess What? I have a new plan. What if we made little poms? We're using them to give texture to our centerpieces already. I think they'd be cute, easy to clean up, and brighten the aisle. :) I was thinking a little smaller than small, that way she could fit 6 or 7 in her little basket.

image



I also thought about making paper flowers.

I like the pom idea, but what do you ladies think? Fabric flowers, paper flowers or mini poms?

No comments: