Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Know When to Fold'em - the programs

After deciding on the content and inside design of our programs (Pengy, can you link the post More than Words?), we decided the best style for the programs was something similar to the Cupcakes' accordion fold pocket programs.

Since we only had 4 pages of content, we went with legal size paper and printed 2 programs on each sheet.


Step 1

I folded the sheet of paper in half lengthwise. It makes it easier to cut.


Step 2

I measured the width of the folded sheet and calculated the center line. I then flipped it so I could cut along the center line. I made marks on my paper cutter so I could easily line the edge of the program up to the right guideline.


Step 3

I opened the newly halved program and refolded it in half so the words were on the outside. Then I folded the edges of each side to the middle fold. Repeat on the other side.

Done. Now the the outside and attaching the inside to the outside.

Early on, I thought about doing really simple (no work) programs. Maybe a nice design on a single sheet of paper and then rolled up and tied with a bow. Then I decided some part of the ceremony should get some DIY attention. It felt like all the work was going into the reception even though the ceremony is the more important part of the day.

Did you go with easy programs or did you decided to go all out on them?

No comments: