Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Do and Redo

A few weeks ago, I finished our seating charts. We had all the RSVPs in and I really wanted to get this task out of the way. It took a little while, but I finished it and was actually proud of some of the table assignments I put together.

A week later, there was a change. Our friends broke-up and this meant either I need to move someone to another table, or we'd have one less guest at the wedding. Since it was just one minor change, I decided to sit on changing the tables until the broken-up couple told me for sure what was going on.

Fast forward 2 more weeks and I suddenly have another change. My very first RSVPer can't make it to the wedding. That's 2 more spots to account for. Actually, the absence of these 2 people throw off the entire dynamic of the table. I may have to rethink the table.

Looking back, I can't decided whether I should have wanted until the last minute to do the table assignments or if was a good thing I did them. Hopefully, the changes won't take me very long to sort out.

Did you have an wedding tasks you completed but had to redo a few times during the planning process?

No comments: