Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Is That Wierd?

Some friends of ours were a little shocked to discover that with less than 25 days left, we've only received 4 wedding presents, only one of which was from the registry.

Is that weird? Our friends told us the presents started rolling in when they got to the 3 month mark. They literally were getting presents everyday. I think that was the case because they were getting married in San Diego but live in Seattle. They specifically asked guests (via their website) to mail gifts because they weren't sure how they'd get them up to Seattle.

About 75-80% of our guests live in Seattle. Why would they pay for shipping when they could run down to Crate and Barrel and save a little dough? On the other hand, we did register at Amazon.com so we could save people money on shipping.

I think another reason we're not getting gifts is because we don't have a wedding website. I'm not sure everyone knows where we're registered and I not really sure how I'd tell them. Plus, I think there are a lot of people (mostly my relatives) who are just giving us money.

Lucky for me, I haven't really noticed the lack of packages much. Early on, I stalked the registry but with so little time and so much to do, stalking the registry isn't on my list of things to do anymore. Registry stalking is now Mr. Joey's job. Now that he's out of school, he's home when the mail person comes by, and he has a lot of time to surf online and look at all the things we haven't received. Oh, how the tables have turned!

Did you receive a lot of wedding presents before you got married or did most people bring them to the wedding?

No comments: