Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Killing 3 Birds With One Stone - Table Numbers part 2

I've been working on the table numbers/menu/after party (which I'm calling thingies) for days. DAYS. You'd think it would be easy but it's not. Well, it's not hard but it is very time consuming. Because of the number and size of our tables, I needed about 40 table thingies done.

The cutting took hours and I watched all of the movie Milk and only got 17 thingies put together. I'm not even half way there.

I did learn a few things though. Even though the idea seemed simple, the execution took a long time (cutting and taping). I also learned that double-stick tape was my best bet. Glue made the edges look wrinkled even when it dried. I tried Elmer's white glue, glue stick and rubber cement but the pricier tape looked best.

I also played around a bit with the look. In my last post about the table thingies, I mentioned the numbers seemed to need something. I tried painting the edges with yellow paint and I tried creating a base with fimo clay.



I didn't like the paint. It made the edges wrinkled again it was time consuming. I liked the fimo OK but I'm not sure if it really adds much. What do you think? Fimo base or no fimo base?

No comments: