Wednesday, July 15, 2009

That's It, We're Doing It!

For months, Mr. Joey and I have been going back and forth about whether to do the money dance. On the one hand, it's tradition and it's a tradition around luck. I am all about traditions around luck. I put money in all my pockets on New Years Eve and Mr. Joey always serves up Hoppin' John on New Years Day. I also knock on wood a lot. My Mom has been pushing the money dance because she says it lucky and also because she thinks our family will miss it if we don't do it.

On the other hand, dancing for money? A little tacky maybe? And what about all the people who aren't Filipino? We'd have to explain it and it might be weird. What if only my family participates?

Hmm. I thought about making it less tacky by giving donating part of the money from our money dance to a charity. But then which charity?

And donating didn't eliminate my concerns about whether anyone would enjoy the money dance. Mr. Joey isn't a dancer, but he said he was up for the money dance. That still wasn't enough though.

Then I stumbled upon a post by a blogger we Weddingbee readers once had the privilege of hearing from.

When I saw the "sweet" pictures and saw how much fun everyone was having during the money dance, I knew it was for us. Money Dance, here we come!

Anyone else doing a money dance?

No comments: