Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Minor Decision

I have a minor decision to make that I can't stop thinking about. I have a few weeks to think it over and I can promise you I'm not dwelling over this decision day and night. I think about my decision randomly (while at the grocery store or on the bus) and then move on after a few minutes.
What's my decision? Don't laugh, it's what color nail polish to wear on my fingers and toes. I know, I know. We have 18 days and lots to do and I'm worried about nail polish? I don't know what to say. For some reason it's on my mind.

In the summer, I get a pedicure about once every 6-8 weeks. I change and maintain the color and length of my nails myself, it's more about the scrubs and filing and making sure my feet get a little attention. I walk a lot in the summer and my feet take a beating. Besides, I found a few places I like where I can get a mani/pedi for $25 total.

So I have a few decisions to make. First, will my fingers and toes be the same color? And second, what color or colors?

In the summer, I like the bright red ( OPI Vodka and Caviar) or a bright magenta (All that Razz-berry). In the fall and winter I go for the darker colors (Midnight in Moscow or Black Cherry Chutney). I mix in the nudes in the spring but most stick to the summer and winter palettes.

I feel pretty lucky because I can wear almost any color with my skin tone apart from browns.

So the question is whether to go with a bright or not. I like having something bright on my toes even if I'm not wearing anything on my fingers. My wedding shoes are bright yellow and some bright red polish would cute. It could also be too much.

And if I go with a bright color on my toes, should I go with a matching color on my hands? Sister Joey has always thought your fingers and toes should have the same nail polish color. I prefer the same color, but it isn't a deal breaker for me. I'd do two colors.

If I did two colors, I'd go for something a little less flashy like No Bees Please or Mimosas for Mr. and Mrs. Yes, there is the french tip option but I always find that style too had for me to maintain. We're honeymoon bound a few days after the wedding and I'd like the polish to survive the whole trip.
What do you think? Bright colors on toes and fingers? Brights on toes and neutral on fingers? Neutral on both?



image: from left to right No Bees Please, All that Razz-berry, Suzi says Da!, Vodka and Caviar and Mr. and Mrs. Mimosa.

No comments: