Tuesday, July 14, 2009

More Than Words - the programs

Anyone got that song stuck in their head?

Anywho, I started formulating the content of our programs a few months ago, before I even knew what the actual program would look like. We were told we had to get the content of our programs OK'd by the ceremony coordinator (a.k.a. Mr. Joey's school secretary). I wanted to get her the content before school was out because it's easier for Mr. Joey to stop by the office and talk to her in person if there are any problems than it would be to go back and forth over email.


I guess I didn't need to rush because she said it all looked great and there were not problems.


First to decide on was how to organize the information. After playing around a bit, I came up with this template.



I liked the design OK but wasn't sure I had covered all my Catholic bases. I then went to Catholic Wedding Help to find examples of programs for Catholic Blessings. There definitely seemed to be a prescription to Catholic programs, but nothing I couldn't work with.

I played around with designs and finally came up with this.


I separated those who were in the wedding party from those who had a role in the ceremony/reception. I also added a little info about our cultural traditions. The only thing I really wish I had added was our baker/friendor Mary who is making all the breakfast treats. she definitely deserves to be mentioned.

I really wanted to make our program look like this to match our invites but Mr. Joey wanted something a little more traditional and we weren't sure it would fly with the ceremony coordinator.

Did you have a program template you were asked to follow or did you get to develop your own?

No comments: