Monday, June 1, 2009

I know! I know! Only 2 months left!

Yes, we've only got about 2 months left until the big day. Sometimes I feel like our wedding day can't come soon enough and other days I have no idea where the last 11 months of my life has gone. In general, I'm not too stressed about the planning. I feel like we're making good progress on our long detailed to do list. There's still a lot on that list, but nothing too crazy (so far). Mr. Joey is done with school in 2 weeks, so that will help a lot. FMIL Joey will be in town a week before the wedding, so if any sewing needs to be done, she'll be around to help. By sewing, I mean the ring boy's tie. I finished all 25 of the table runners a few weeks back but as a sewing newBEE, the tie scares me.

Anyway, I was checking with Martha around what tasks she suggests I have done by what date when I noticed, "61 days until your wedding," plastered on my screen. What? 61 days? I haven't consulted Martha in awhile, so seeing the actual number of days left freaked me out. It left me in a panic. I started assigning Mr. Joey tasks to do out of nowhere. I consulted our To Do List and immediately set about crossing items off the list like finalizing who gets which luggage tag favor and securing our tourist visas to Australia. Eventually, I settled down and went back to my not too stressed self.

I decided I just needed to look at our To Do List and start taking it section by section and also assigning myself due dates. Not only am I a list nerd, but I'm a due date kind of girl. I work best under pressure or at least knowing when something is due.

Are you assigning your to do list items due dates? Also, those of you within the 2 month mark, are you feeling stressed or like you've got it under control?

No comments: