Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Something to get Excited About

So I said in my last post that it's been hard to get excited about anything, but that's a bold face lie. I can get excited about something -- the honeymoon. Mr.Joey and I are going to the land of the Joeys a few days after the wedding and frankly I can't wait. No wedding plans, can't do anything about the house, no cellphone or email -- absolute bliss. We thought about a long leisurely vacation on a beach somewhere but then we'd be bored after a few days. Well, he would. I could see myself hanging out on the beach and reading for a long while.

So what's got my panties all in a bunch (in a good way)? The activities we have planned. We plan on heading north to spend 2 days and 1 night snorkeling on (or is it at?) the barrier reef. I can't wait! We're also doing a massive train trip from Cairns to Brisbane aboard the Sunlander to see some of the country the old fashion way. I love trains and I especially love train when I have a private 1st class cabin. Once we get to Brisbane there is the possibility of cuddling koalas and feeding real Joeys at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. Koalas -- here I come.


Janet knows what's up

We have some time scheduled for Sydney and few other places. For now, the big reservations have been made and we can worry about the rest later. I'm happy to get this big chunk of planning off my plate.

An interesting thing I've discovered through honeymoon planning is using the Amazon.com universal registry (see Ms. D'orsay's post) to register for honeymoon events. I know there are a bunch of websites where you can register for honeymoon activities but it's nice to have it all in one place. We registered for tickets to the Refuge and tickets to see Aida at the Sydney Opera House. We think both events would be absolutely amazing gifts but we wouldn't cry about it if they weren't purchased. We'll probably purchase the tickets to the refuge anyway.


Did you register for honeymoon activities? If so, which activity was your favorite?

No comments: