Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hey Mom! That's Cheating!

Over the last few days my Mom has been bugging me about what Mr. Joey and I want for our birthdays. Mr. Joey's birthday is in 2.5 weeks and mine is 7 days after his. We always tell her we'll be happy with whatever she gives but that never satisfies her. The presents are no big deal. I mostly enjoy the dinner out or even better, when she lets me request any meal in her repertoire.

So she's finally figured out what we want with our help but without us knowing. What did she do? She bought us birthday gifts off the registry. Seriously. She figured out which gifts were really more for Mr. Joey (like the Wii game and BBQ tools) and which gifts were really more for me (the cookbook and GPS). I guess it's a win-win we get stuff we actually want and she gets the satisfaction of getting us stuff we want. Somehow it seems like cheating


Have you ever received or given a wedding registry gift for a birthday?

No comments: