Monday, June 22, 2009

Accessorizing the Cake

Opps, I mean the cream puffs. Back when we were doing our wine tasting, I decided we need to do a cream puff tasting. I wanted to make sure they were as good as I remembered. Well, they are as good and cheaper than I remember. They sell for $0.50 a piece! We're ordering 150 for 120 guest and they should come in at about $75 plus tax.

The only minor worry about our cream puffs is that we can't order them until about a week before the wedding. Our vendor is actually the Than Brothers, a Pho restaurant chain in Seattle. They said to call no more than 2 weeks (1 week is better) before the wedding. I'm a little worried but everyone says that's how they roll. I guess I'm just going to roll that way too.

But back to accessories. When we decided on cream puffs, I was trying to come up with a way of dressing them up on people's plates. They aren't as colorful or interesting to look at as cupcakes or cake. They needed something. I was searching on Etsy (as usual) when I found Bake it Pretty. They sold fun cupcake liners in a variety colors including yellow.

I went with a solid yellow and striped yellow. For $13 including shipping, I got 150 liners. We tested "the look" out before the wine tasting and I'm totally feeling the liners. I'm still not sold on the silver platters. We may just use those for the breakfast bar. Now for the toppers...hmmm.


How are you accessorizing the "cake"?

No comments: