Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Bouquet Buzz

From the beginning, I knew I wanted to do the flower centerpieces myself. I love flowers and in another life I would have loved to be a florist. My plan is to head down to Pike Place Market or store with amazing flower selection (Trader Joe's or Metropolitan Market) the day before the wedding and pick up flowers for my bouquet and for that of my MOH. I wasn't sure what I wanted except that I wanted it to be simple (easy to make and clean lines) and modern.

Then I saw this and fell in love.

It's perfect. Black and White, simple, elegant and modern looking. I hunted around to find out what kind of flower it was and if it would be in season. Luck! Martha said it was available all year long. And then disappointment. Every other website said December through April. Poop!
So now I'm looking for new inspiration. So far here's what I came up with:

image



I really like the last one. I have no idea what the flowers are. Anyone?
So now I'm trying to come up with some bouquet inspirations. My criteria? Simple (easy to make and clean lines), white or yellow (doesn't matter which) and flowers in season. Links? Ideas?
I'm also hitting up my special imaginary man, Craig, and his list to see if I can find a florist on the cheap.

No comments: