Monday, June 1, 2009

Thank You, Thank You

Ah the Thank You Cards. I knew from the beginning that I (I say I because "we" didn't care) wanted to do postcards. I love getting postcards more than I like getting letters. Maybe it's because I've sent so many as a traveler or because I love seeing images of all the places my friends and family have visited.
Originally I was going to go with something like this:




And then I wanted to do something more personal like take a cheesy picture of Mr. Joey and I holding the present and giving the camera a wink and a thumbs up.

The first option was doable but I wasn't feeling it so much. I loved the second option, but it was so labor intensive. I thought about buying postcards of Seattle (5 for a $1.00) but it would be that much fun for those who lives here (most of the guest list).
These aren't 5 for $1.00 but they're pretty!

Instead, I decided to try and incorporate our colors and some of our luggage tags design onto some postcards I bought. I found some 140lb blank watercolor postcards on MisterArt for $3.10 a pack. There are 15 cards in a pack. I printed selected some images and printed them directly onto the postcards. All in all, I got about 65 postcards done at about $0.24 a piece.

I was still attached to the Banana Republic rehearsal dinner invite design, so I printed some of those up on leftover 80lb paper and trimmed the edges. The inside of the card is blank. I have 38 envelopes leftover from the rehearsal dinner invites I can use. We may still buy a few Seattle postcards for guest who couldn't make it to the wedding.

I tried not to make all the postcards look wedding-y just incase we had leftovers. We can use them as regular thank you notes in the future.

Are your thank you notes specific to your wedding or can leftovers be used post-wedding?

No comments: