Friday, June 26, 2009

When Mr. Joey is Away (part 6)...

...Ms. Joey will go shopping at Goodwill.

After my failed attempt at centerpieces a a few months ago, I decided to put away the vases and the fabric, and let them be for awhile. I figured looking at them fresh in a few months might help. This week I felt it was time to bust out the basket of vases and try again.

The problem this time was A) the yellow vases weren't the right yellow (see my next post) and B) I didn't have enough height. So I marched (well, drove) myself down to Goodwill to check out my options. If you are in need of cheap vases, can I suggest Goodwill? Mine has rows and rows of them and most sell for $0.69. I don't mind paying full price from pieces I know I'll use again like the flower girl basket or the fabric for the table runners (and our future quilt), but I knew tall vases would end up right back at Goodwill.

I scored 3 tall vases for under $3.00 plus a few holiday reads for the same price. I also picked up 6 short champagne glasses to toy with. So for $10 I got 3 vases, 6 glasses and 5 books. Not too shabby.

If you are looking for mason jars, Goodwill has tons of them. Just FYI.

Anyone else go scouring at thrift stores for wedding decor?

No comments: