Friday, June 26, 2009

Killing 3 Birds with 1 Stone - the table numbers

Remember my new inspiration for the table numbers? Well, I played with it a little and came up with this…



It doesn't look great because I haven't finalized the text of each panel and I printed it on regular copy paper. I have some thicker paper leftover from the luggage tags favors I'll use.


I made one minor change to make the numbers a little more us. Instead of each panel saying the table number, I created a menu panel and an after party info panel. We have 120 guests and 130 place settings (10 for kids under 5), and I really didn't want to make 120-130 menus. I figure this way, I've cut down on the work and the paper.


I need to adjust the dimensions a bit (too much white space) and I might paint the edges of the table numbers yellow a la Ms.Gloss. I haven't decided on that though -- it could be more work than we need right now. I also feel like something is missing at the bottom. I tried the little legs Martha suggested but I'm not sure about them. I was thinking maybe I could take some yellow or grey fimo clay and create a little round base to stick the stable numbers in. Nothing fancy, just something round.


What do you guys think? Does the bottom need something? Do the edges need something or are they OK as is?

No comments: