Friday, June 26, 2009

When Mr. Joey's Away (part 7)...

...Ms. Joey will go crazy with the spray paint.

I bought some vases at West Elm late last year for our centerpieces. At the time, I didn't really know what shade of yellow we'd be using. I thought the light-ish yellow would be fine. Fast forward 6 months -- I hate the yellow. I don't hate it, I just don't like it for our wedding. I tried to sell them on Craigslist but what would anyone want with 20 dusty yellow vases?

this is the yellow

I needed to salvage these vases but how? I was at my parents helping them move some stuff out of the garage when I spotted a can of gray spray paint. My Dad told me to take it so I went home and wondered what I'd do with it. You can see where I'm going with this.

My attempts weren't too bad. Spray painting glass vases were hard because of the shape and the fact that the paint has nothing to cling to. In retrospect, I should have tried a primer but, oh well.




Since the grey was a success, I headed over to Home Depot and picked up a can of yellow and another can of grey.



I also picked up a succulent which ended up in the weird champagne glasses I picked up at Goodwill a few days before. A little spray paint and a succulent, and the glasses looked OK.



Anyone else have a few items that needed salvaging?

No comments: