Monday, May 4, 2009

Yes I Can.


OK, this is a coupon flyer from Banana Republic. But you know what else this is? The inspiration for our rehearsal dinner invites.

This flyer has been sitting on our kitchen counter for weeks (past its use by date). I saved it for some reason but wasn't sure what it was. As we got nearer to finalizing the details on our rehearsal dinner, I realized we were going to need invitations. I chatted with FMIL Joey and sort of volunteered to design them (I'm silly girl). How hard could it be? Well, not very hard when you accidentally put the mail on the kitchen counter in your work bag.

I was fishing through my bag on the bus and found the Banana Republic flyer. I was about to throw it in the recycling bin at the bus stop when I realized here was my rehearsal dinner invite.


Front

Back


I changed it, of course, to match our colors. I also added our sort-of-logo to tie it in with the wedding invite. I really like the simple lines and right now I'm really into typewriter fonts.

There is one thing I need hive help on, wording the dinner options. We have smoked beef tri tips as a main with stuffed grilled portobello mushrooms as the veggie option. How do I ask people to specify their preference? Should I include a menu or just add a little note that says, "please specify your dinner option when you RSVP. Option 1 Smoked Beef. Option 2 Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms. We don't really want to include anything guest would have to mail back. What do you think?

No comments: