Monday, May 25, 2009

The Vest is Yet to Come

A few weeks ago, Mr. Joey told me he really wanted to wear a vest with his suit.  At first I wasn't sure.  I like the idea of a vest but I was a little worried that the suit/vest combo would be too formal for my dress.  After consulting with some wise friends, I gave in and told Mr. Joey I was on board the vest train.

We went to Macy's in search of vest and it was like Goldilock's and the three vests.  First one too small, second too big, third just right -- but out of stock.  We found two styles we liked but they didn't have his size.  The wonderful sales lady called around to 2 stores and finally found the vests we were after in the size we needed.

We thought about black, but then decided grey was better.  I was lobbying for a light grey vest -- a color similar to the color of my dress.  He was after something a little darker.  We eventually went with the darker grey because it was something he said he would wear again. He wasn't sure the light grey vest was his style.  On top of that, the darker vest was $23 after all the discounts!  The lighter grey was $80.

Mr. Joey is a little tired of shopping.  This is the vest in a size too big.

Did your groom wear a vest?  

No comments: