Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Different Dress Dilemma

No. There is no problem with my dress. I still love it. The dilemma is with sister/MOH Joey's dress.

We bought her dress months ago, way back in September I think. This cute little number was the perfect shade of yellow, came in petite and was on sale.

image

9 months later, we both still love her dress, but now were worried it won't fit. Having just experience an unexpected weight loss myself and being shocked by my own dress being too big, I was worried about her.


MOH Joey moved to Vicenza, Italy in October. Her husband is in the Army. I know that while she may not be actively working out, she's bound to have lost a bit a of weight. He dress fit her when she left, but it's possible it will be too big when she gets back.


Alterations, easy fit right? We're not so sure. The dress doesn't seem like the type that's easy to alter. On top of that, she won't get to Seattle until 10 days before the wedding. I'm not sure we'll have time to get it altered or know a place that can do it.


So I'm left with a few options. I could just buy a few dresses from places with good return policies. She could look in Italy. Or we could just risk it and wait until she's here.


Another option I like is finding her a nice standard black or grey dress when she's here and then dressing it up. We could add pleats (similar to the ones on my dress) on the bottom or I we could dress it up like Megan from Princess Lasertron did. I have tons of ton fabric left over from the table runners. Wierd I know, but it could be an interesting detail.

Lucky for us, she's it. I have no other bridesmaids so we don't have to worry about matching.


What do you ladies think? I'm open to ideas.

No comments: