Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Best Wedding Present Ever!

What's the best wedding present ever? No, it isn't a KitchenAid mixer. And no, it isn't a life time supply of chocolate (but that would be). The best wedding present ever is someone moving for us. What? I know. So if you remember, the Joeys are building a house right now. Actually the Joeys are waiting for their building permit (any day now!!). If the weather holds up and everything goes according to schedule, The house will be inhabitable by the time we get back from our honeymoon (if not before).

I was really stressed about moving. Mr. Joey goes back to teaching a day or two after we get back from Australia. We won't have time to move. We thought of using the 4 days between the wedding and the honeymoon to move but we'll just be too tired. Plus, we scheduled our trip that way because we wanted extra time with friends and family before they left Seattle. I know the days leading up to the wedding will be stressful and crazy, and won't leave much time for socializing.

I told my Mom about my anxiety (and excitement) around moving and she gave me the best gift ever. If we pack everything up in the apartment and label boxes, she and my Dad will make sure everything, including the furniture, gets moved to the new house. HOLLA!! We'll have to unpack, but that's easy.

This is the best gift ever and it's not even on the registry! Was there a wedding gift you were given that knocked your socks off?

No comments: