Sunday, May 3, 2009

Getting Back on Track

For the first part of last week, I wasn't in a wedding mood. Most of my friends let me know they wouldn't be able to make it to the wedding. I totally understood their reasons but I didn't make their absence hurt less.

I took a few days off and didn't really do many wedding related things besides answering emails. I just needed a few moments to get over the initial disappointment and move on.

Lucky for me, a few friends and one great vendor helped me out. I found out on Thursday that 2 friends I didn't expect to come to Seattle will in fact be making the journey out west. I am so EXCITED!! I can't wait to see them -- it's been so long.

The other great piece of news is that we've decided on our rehearsal dinner vendor. We're definitely going with Lynn at Lake Street Catering. Amazing!! She brought over a tasting on Friday and we went to look at the dinner site on Saturday morning. It's going to be perfect.
The food was delicious!! And there was so much of it. Wait until you see the menu. I think we're are set. We've got a deposit for the dinner going out this week.

On top of that, I got an email from Mary, maker of breakfast goodness, with suggestions for the breakfast spread. It sounds soooo yummy. You'll have to wait for that menu too.

I can't wait for the wedding week now. Great people coming out to eat amazing food and celebrate a wonderful occasion.

What wedding accomplishment really got you into high gear?

No comments: