Thursday, May 28, 2009

Favors of the Week

Thanks for all the comments on the last post about our favors. We decided to go with the circle pattern for the simple reason we wanted to add a few more luggage tags that weren't on a grey background.

I also mentioned in the last post that we came up with 2 new designs.

The first one was inspired by Mr. Joey's decision to train for the STP (Seattle to Portland) bike ride this summer. He's always wanted to do it but he didn't have a road bike. Last year for his 30th birthday, I surprised him by having a road bike built for him. A friend gave him a frame a few years ago, so I bought all the parts and had our neighbor and a friend build it up for him. I don't think I had ever seen him so happy. I swear he was smiling in his sleep for weeks.


I love the simple lines.

The second design was sort of inspired by the first. I liked the idea of incorporating modes of transport in the design so I went with the most obvious choice, an airplane.


Both the airplane and bike image are just wingding characters in InDesign. I just enlarged them.



I'm going to use the bike luggage tag as Mr. Joey's place card. I can't decide what I'm going to use as my own. I'm torn between the Matroshka and the airplane. I love the Matroshka because it represents my life in Russia. I loved being there. But then there's the airplane. I spend a lot of time in the air with work. Plus, the airplane sort of matches Mr. Joey's bike.


Which would you go with?

No comments: