Monday, April 13, 2009

Unexpected Expense

If you looked at the Joey budget, you'd see that we tried to budget for everything (accept the thank you gifts). We have parking listed, alcohol license accounted for and even put a little money away for signs.

Turns out we already have an unexpected cost. What is it? This….

image

No, we're not having a baby but a lot of our friends and relatives have and are. So what does that mean for us? Well, we're having to budget for these:

image

Yes, high chairs. The Lake Union Café has two booster seats but we have 4 little ones attending who will need high chairs. We also have about three kids 2-3 years old. This wasn't something I was expecting. I'm not complaining, I just wasn't expecting it. Yes, we could make it an adults only party, but that does seem right to us. My family has always included kids in events. I can't imagine what it would be like to get married and not have some of my cousins there. We're 11 years apart, but we still get along and during family gatherings, I'd much rather hang out with them than the adults.

So now we're renting high chairs. I've been looking around and I think I found a place that will rent high chairs for $4.50 a day and deliver them to our reception site. Not bad. We have an extra $50 we saved from our church and pre-marital counseling fees. That still keeps us on top by $30.

Have you been surprised by some unplanned expenses? What were they and did they dent the budget?

No comments: