Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mr. Joey, Is That You?

So I mentioned before that Mr.Joey was apparently inspired by the last wedding we attended. Never has he willingly wanted to discuss the ceremony apart from what music will be played. Now he talks of readings, personal touches and traditions we can add. I'm blown away.

And then I was blown away again. Last night I came down with another awful sinus headache after dinner and went straight to bed. This morning, when I checked my email, I saw one from Mr. Joey entitled "rings." I opened up to find that last night while I was asleep, he searched online for his wedding band. He'll do wedding research, but I have to ask him to do it. He researched rings all on his own. Um, hello? Is that really you Mr. Joey?

He not only looked up rings but he also asked married friends about their rings. After collecting all his data, this is the ring he decided on:



I think it is very him. Not flashy but has a little something special to it. His musician friends told him a Tungsten comfort ring is great for playing bass or guitar. They hardly notice it. His carpenter friend said it takes a beating and still looks great. I think he's sold and amazingly this ring is less than we budgeted for. Goodness!!

How did your FI or husband select his ring? Did he ask friends or did he just try some rings on?

No comments: