Monday, April 27, 2009

Not Feeling in the Wedding Mood

Over the weekend I finally got my act together and made a list of everything that needs to be done for the wedding.  Although it was long and quite daunting, it kind of made me excited.  I was eager to tackle some fun new crafts and really the list meant that the wedding was fast approaching.  

The first thing on my list to tackle were table runners.  I did a few Sunday night and planned to do a few more Monday night after dinner.  I don't think table runners are going to get made today or tomorrow.  I'm just not in a wedding mood.

This afternoon I got an email from a friend saying he had to change his RSVP status to decline. The deadline for a big project he's been working on has been moved to the week after the wedding.  Things are going to be too crazy and he's not going to be able to take time off from work.

Yes, it's just one decline but it's one at the end of a long list of others.  A few people got laid off, some had their salaries cut, 3 are having babies (yay!) and a handful can't come because they can't get time off.  I can't complain.  Seattle is really far especially if you are coming from DC, New York, New Zealand or Singapore.  The economy is tough and I myself had to skip a wedding this month and just send Mr. Joey.  But all the same, it's really hard to get excited for the wedding when some really important people aren't going to be there.

I'm trying to look on the bright side; my Uncles are coming all the way from Sri-Lanka and England and my Mom's entire family (all 50) will be there.  My sister is coming home from Italy and said she would quit her job if she isn't given the time off.  I hope she doesn't quit and I hope she gets the time off.  She's the Maid of Honor and I don't have bridesmaids.

Have you had any discouraging wedding moments?  How did you pull through and get back on track?

No comments: