Monday, April 27, 2009

The Real Trial - Part 2

So I really loved the make-up but I think we'll have to make a few very minor changes. The hair? Sold as is. No changes needed. I love, love, love it. It's a little messy, a little structured and really cute. Ashley did an awesome job.

Back

Front



The great thing about doing the trial on Saturday was that I could test out my look at a party Saturday night. My eye make-up looked more natural in bright place or darker light. No dim lighting for us. I didn't even notice the really light shadow below my eyebrows though I do think they just need a little more blending. The airbrushing was flawless. It didn't get shiny or feel thick and it looked really great.
The hair did great as well. I think we'll need a little something to keep the few strays down, but nothing crazy. Some of the piece of hair that got pinned under came undone, but it didn't look bad. I think they were just a little shorter than the rest and a few more months of growing my hair out will fix that.
I really liked doing the trial and then going out because it helped get a feel for everything. I know what little details we'll try to change and what really worked. I also learned that I will need to make sure I provide a power stripe for Ashley and possibly a good lamp. I don't want her to have to hunt for multiple outlets or plug and unplug things over and over again.
Also, the trial gave me a good sense of how much time to budget for hair and make-up on the big day. It took us a little over an hour to do the whole trial. That includes the time setting up the lighting, deciding on a hair style, getting used to the fragile flare lashes I bought and deciding on shadow color.
What "ah-ha" moments did you have during or after your trial?

P.S. Check out my new (and final) hair piece. I think it looks great with the 'do.

No comments: