Wednesday, March 11, 2009

If I had it to do over again - part 1

The Joey wedding is still 4.5 months away but already I'm thinking about what I would have done differently. Don't get me wrong, I still love what we've done and are going to do, but it hasn't stopped me from coming up with "what if" alternatives.

My first new idea? A school themed wedding at McMenamins Kennedy School in Portland. Mr. Joey and I had lunch there when we were in Portland a month ago. As soon as we walked in, we both thought it would be the perfect location for a wedding.



image

The hotel-school is located in a neighborhood outside of downtown Portland, but not too far from it. It's got everything you could need on site like various bars, restaurants, brewery, movie theater, soaking pool, guest rooms, a gym for the reception and courtyard for the ceremony. I love how well they preserved the school.



two images above

image



image

It's perfect since Mr. Joey is a teacher who comes from a family of teachers. They have concerts on site and I was even thinking that his band the Tailenders could play the night before.

Think of all the school inspired favors and decor you could incorporate into the site! Stacked books as centerpieces with flowers in vases. Or as a favor what about hitting up your goodwill for cheap used paperback if your favorite titles. My Goodwill sells paperbacks for about $0.69.

Or what about this idea for STDs from Martha Stewart? Wouldn't that be so cute!

image

Ah...the fun I could have with this theme. Have you come up with different versions of your wedding that you'll never use?

No comments: