Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Craig? Make Me Pretty?

Mr. Joey and I were so happy to find someone to document the big day but now I needed help finding someone to make me pretty (and not oily). So of course I turned to Craig again and found someone to make me look comfortable and pretty on my big day.

In comes Ashley. Ashley’s day job is as a stylist for nice salon in the area. On the side, Ashley and her best friend Julia run A.J. Hair and Make-Up. I really liked Ashley because she was willing to come to me both in for the hair trial and the day of the wedding. She is also talented, really easy to get along with and flexible. I had to tell her that instead of starting at 8am on my wedding day, we’d now have to start at 7am. She was super sweet about it and told me that she’d do what ever she could to help me enjoy my big day.

Ashley and I had a sort of hair trial a few months ago. I had really no idea what I wanted in terms of hair. I knew I wanted all my hair up (because of the high neckline of the dress) and that I had to have bangs. Other than that I gave her a huge range of pictures that really gave her no direction.

She showed up at my house and played around with a few styles and talked wedding day details. We were going to do a make-up trial but she had just come from a Redkin conference in Vegas and her make-up kit was picked up by her boss. It doesn’t matter though. I wasn’t ready for that.


Next week we have another hair trial and we’re going to try make-up too. Ashley told me that she just got an airbrush machine, so we’re going to play around with that too. I’m so excited and I’m definitely going to do my homework this time.

So Craig comes through again. This time it wasn’t just the deal and talent I was getting from Ashley, but the good vibes I was getting from her also. Did you go with a vendor just because you just knew they were right for you?

No comments: