Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Daddy and Daughter bust a move!

I saw my Dad over the weekend and he said he had a great idea for the Father - Daughter dance. I was have to admit, I felt like his choice of song would be so bad it might make me cry (not really). Maybe a little Englebert Humperdinck? Yes, I remember a time in the 80's where my Dad listened to him a lot and my sister and I would hide from embarrassment in our own house

embed this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK3ViGY1x5U

But it wasn't Mr. Humperdinck he longed to boggie to. Then I thought, something a little more Sri-Lankan. Perhaps this?

embed this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSxaeM6FK9o&feature=PlayList&p=A120819305332017&playnext=1&index=37

I couldn't find the song I was looking for but the verse my sister and I used to sing and laugh to was, " Welcome, Welcome, to Sri-Lanka. You're most welcome to Sri-Lanka." It wasn't the song that used to make us laugh. It was the sight of my Dad prancing around the house to it.

"Welcome to Sri-Lanka," wasn't his choice of song either. What did he decide? Well, he wants to do the Twist and you know, I might to the twist with him. I think the whole thing represents us so well. Strange and crazy Father - Daughter duo that we are.

I wasn't entirely convinced that doing the twist would be our Father - Daughter dance until I saw this clip that Mr. Joey's mom sent me. I might be sold now. OK Dad. I'm ready to get my groove on.

embed this video http://www.snotr.com/video/1299

I can see Mr. Joey cringing already but at least I'm not making him do the twist. What song did you and your Dad dance to?

No comments: