Thursday, March 5, 2009

And the winner is....

As you all know, my beloved music snob is in charge of music. Now that he's got the ceremony must out of the way, his next task at hand was the first dance song. For someone with hundreds of cds, finding one song has proven to be a daunting task. Mr. Joey just couldn't come up with anything!

Knowing his musical tastes, I tried to help suggest a few songs. I thought I had a winner with When the Stars Go Blue by Ryan Adams but I swung on and missed. I thought for sure any number of Stevie Wonder songs would do but again, nothing. I decided to give up temporarily and concentrate on other things. We have a while after all.
On the second day of assembling invitations, I put on a cd I love, Another Country by Tift Merritt. I was never a country fan before I met Mr. Joey. While I'm still not big on Popular Country, I have come to really like Alternative Country which apparently Tift Merritt's work is categorized as.


image

Anyway, when the title track Another Country came on, I actually listened to the words for once and could relate. I don't know why it never occurred to me before but we can relate to the song. We both really love her music and actually she represents the fact that we've introduced one another to new things. Before Mr. Joey I didn't eat olives, mustard or listen to Alternative Country. Before me, well, he ate Top Ramen every night and would have never considered living in our area of Seattle. Now he loves it and says we're never leaving.

And the winner is for the Joeys wedding song....Another Country. So take a listen. We hope you like the song.

Embed video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSaBP_nX6xI

To make things a little more special -- and I'm really, really excited about this -- some of the guys in the band are going to play the song for our first dance. Lake Union Cafe doesn't have PA system but it does have a piano and mics. Besides the piano player, we're going to have the lead singer and lead guitarist (playing the acoustic guitar) perform. I love the idea.

What new things were you introduced to by your future or now husband that you can't imagine living without?

No comments: