Friday, February 27, 2009

Vindication is ours!

OK, that's a little dramatic. I should say, "see, told you Mom!"

For someone who likes tradition, my Mom has been pretty open about our nontraditional choices. She tells me what she'd prefer but doesn't force me to change anything (except for the venue). When I told her about the posters, she seems really receptive. She loved the design and was happy not to have to deal with RSVP cards.

Ah, but seeing and hearing are two different things. I don't think she felt so receptive when she saw the posters. She pretended though. Later she told me she thought they were a little too large, almost like concert posters. I don't think she listened when I told her they were concert posters. After her comment, I doubted our decision on size. Maybe I should have made them smaller. Doh!

Oh, but vindication is ours. They are a hit! Mr. Joey's Mom loves them. I've gotten email after email about how amazing and unique they look. People even asked where I had them designed. So there Mom! People like them! I like to forward her the notes of approval. She laughs and asks me who wrote these emails and if they were drunk when they emailed me. All very funny until I threatened to give her invitation away!

Have you had any moments of vindication during your planning process? Something you felt so strongly about that others weren't so sure about?

No comments: