Friday, February 13, 2009

Sorry I was missing in action but I went on a wedding planning bender

I know I’ve been missing in action over most of January but I have been super busy and been doing a lot of wedding related stuff.

Wedding details accomplished in January (I’m a list person if you can’t tell):

1. Selected our photographer (see last post) and signed our contract.
2. Searched for wedding day hair and make-up artist
3. Did a trial run with a hair and make-up artist and booked her for the wedding. (post to follow)
4. Big meeting of the parents. Mr. PapayaDogs’ parents were in town and had a chance to meet my parents for the first time. We went somewhere casual and yummy (best dim sum in Seattle) and I think whole thing went really well.
5. Took Mr. PapayaDogs parents to the place we selected for the rehearsal dinner. They loved loved loved the food but thought it might be too small so we’re thinking of doing the dinner at the Dim Sum place we went to with my parents.
6. Gave up on screen printing the invitations myself and sent the design to be printed for me. (invitation post to come shortly)
7. Purchased invitation “envelopes.”
8. Went to a menu tasting with Mr. PapayaDog and the Moms at the Lake Union Café.
9. Decided on a reception menu.
10. Think we found our Cava for the Champaign toast
11. Went on my friend Dani’s bachelorette weekend in Whistler (post to follow)
12. Bought more fabric for centerpieces.


13. Started designed the first set of luggage tag wedding favors.


Lastly, decided on the style of all the wedding party’s boutonnières, and hair pieces for me and my MOH.

Whoa, I was busy. Do you ever go on a wedding planning bender but don’t realize it until after it’s over? All 14 of these tasks were completed in a 3 week time period – seriously. Get ready for an explosion of posts. I was noting down ideas for my next 100 (OK, maybe next 8) posts while I was getting all this stuff done.

No comments: