Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lions and tigers and bears -- oh my!

We haven't been super picky when it comes to outfitting the wedding party apart from finding matching ties for everyone. Since I only have a MOH, I didn't have to worry about finding multiple matching dresses. The guys are all wearing black suits but grey is OK if they don't have black.
We have not given much thought to the ring bearer and the flower girl. When the flower girl's Mom asked about what kind of dress to be looking for, I told her something appropriate for a summer wedding in either cream or grey. Not much to work with really.
A couple days later, I found the most adorable fabric. It's perfect for a little kid but I wasn't sure why I would need it. Then I realized it would be perfect for a little boy's tie. Perhaps a little boy in my wedding party.?Making a tie seems easy enough (I say that now).

I was chatting with Meg, Celeste's Mom (the flower girl) and I told her about the cute fabric and the tie. She thought it sounded perfect. Then she suggested we use the same animal print fabric for the trim and bow of Celeste's dress. Brilliant! Meg's got a friend who can make the dress easily and for free (yipee!). I bought the animal print fabric and this grey fabric that matches the invitations.



Aren't they cute? I got them on Etsy from Fabric Supplies. They have a great selection and carry all the fabrics I got on ebay for my table runners.
Are you doing anything playful for your younger wedding party members?

No comments: