Friday, February 27, 2009

Zee Ring!

Need I say more? Actually I should. This is my disclaimer, I have no objections to anyone else wearing new diamonds. I eat meat and others don't. No harm no foul. Now that that's out of the way...

About 6 years ago I read about diamonds called Diamond: The History of a Cold-Blooded Love Affair. The book put me off on diamonds, well, more the industry, ever since. Because of the book, I wasn't sure I wanted a diamond engagement ring. I definitely didn't want one mined out of Africa or South America and while I know there are Canadian diamonds, I wasn't sure about which company owned which mine. I think if I really, really knew where a diamond came from and knew everything about the company who mined it, I might be OK with a diamond ring. That's a lot of research to do and these days you can never be so sure. Plus, I'm lazy and the easiest things is not to buy one. I see other people's jewelry and wish I didn't feel that way about diamonds. They are really beautiful.

Knowing how I feel about diamonds made it tough on Mr. Joey. He asked me if I was oppose to an engagement ring with a pearl or other stone. I told him I didn't care. It was up to him. I was no help at all.

A few months before getting engaged, Mr. Joey and I were stuck behind a passing train and we were all aggitated in the car so we decided to pull into an Antique Mall we passed frequently but never been in. I'm so glad we did. In one of the cases were these beautiful antique wedding sets. Absolutely goregous! I told him so and he asked if I'd wear one of them. I told him I was actually happy with a diamond as long as the money went to someone besides a mining company or big international jewelry chain. Ding, ding, ding. He found his loop hole.

The ring is from the 1940's and reminds me of our reception venue. I love the detail and love that he picked something I would have picked!

Now, need I say more....

On the coffee plant


Again, on the coffee plant

For Mr. Joey!


Mr. Joey got this in a fortune cookie and we loved it so much I framed it!


A Cava cork we turned into a magnet



On the real "Cork board." It took a lot of drinking to make it!



More cork



And more!

No comments: