Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Yum, Lemograss!

I love Vietnamese Lemongrass chicken. I was on the West Elm website cruising around and the description of lemongrass accessories peaked my interest. Thank goodness it did! I found little bulb vases in a lemongrass color (on the very right in maroon below) for $3.99 each. I bought 20 of them. Turns out shipping is free and there was no sales tax. Score!


I'm also trying to decide on the grey and clear/white vases to complete my look. So far, I think I like these from CB2.



These are going to go on top of the different fabric table runners. Since I'm doing all the flowers myself (I know I'm insane), I decided that instead of huge arrangements, I'm going to do the a vase with a single flower on top of a fun fabric. I'll still need about 75 stems, but that's easier to manage than hundreds. Also this way, I can mix and match different varieties of white and yellow flowers.

My big problem will be the round tables. I didn't realize that I'd have to decorate 5 round tables. For me, they are harder to design because of all the space in the middle.
Are all your reception tables the same shape and size? If not, how are you adapting you centerpieces to fit the dimensions of your different tables? I need ideas!

No comments: