Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bursting with color!

One of the first issues we tackled was wedding colors. I love color. I could look at paint chips for hours and if I had my way, every room of my apartment would be a different color. One of my favorite books is about the history and development of color. Yes, I'm a nerd.

Knowing how I feel about color, Mr. Papaya Dog said he'd be fine with any palette I selected as long as it wasn't too girly and was a color he could wear (no red, no pink). I thought about it for a few days and then it just came to me, yellow and grey with sprinkles of black and cream.

I presented my idea to Mr.Papaya Dog and he loved it. He thought it was classy and modern. I told my friend Katie who's on my wedding panel (I'll explain later) about it and she loved it. She works for Echo and she sent me some great pictures of how they used those colors in their designs.




Turns out I'm not the only person who loves grey and yellow. I'm my searching I found a great blog about all things Black, White and Yellow. There are some really great designs I've been using for inspiration.



5 months later I still love my color choice though it's been a little rough finding ties and shoes that match exactly. Actually, ties have been a real struggle. I originally decided that one of my determining factors in selecting a color was my ability to find flowers in that color. I hadn't thought of shoes, ties or other accessories. I'm hoping that since yellow is the big color for next year (see linked article), I'll find more to work with.



If I had to make the choice again, I think I'd still go with grey and yellow, but I might throw in a color like teal. There were a lot of teal ties. Would you change your wedding colors knowing what you do now about the availability of supplies, clothing and accessories in those colors? Would you just add a color to the palette?


No comments: