Sunday, December 21, 2008

Here today, hair tomorrow

I've been going back and forth for weeks about my wedding veil/hair piece. I decided that because I'm not wearing a long traditional dress, and because the dress has a high neckline, I wouldn't do a veil. Now the question is the hair piece. So these are the ones I was going back and forth about.

I bought this beautiful brooch (circa 1920) to use as a hair piece (maybe as a clip or as part of a veil) but now I really want to wear it on my winter coat. I won't really see my dress in person until late May so I won't know if it will work with the dress until then. What's a girl to do? It may be a little too much for the dress though.

I think I like this better for my wedding hair. If I felt like I could pull it off, I'd buy a couple and wear them everyday! It's from Giantdwarf and you can find her stuff on Etsy. I love the color and this gorgeous hair piece will match my shoes! I wonder if this can be made with silk or a cotton sateen. The felt seems like it's too causal for a wedding.

After a lot of consultations with the panel, I finally decided on a piece based on this beautiful green number for the wedding. I just custom ordered it and paid for it. I'm so excited. I might just have to wear it around the house! It was only $45. This is a picture of what the hairpiece is based on and this is the description of the custom made piece from House of Telsa who's making it for me.



"I think the style of the speckled green fascinator would really complement your dress quite nicely. The rosette lends that feminine touch and the lines created by the tulle would mimic the structured lines of your dress. The rosette part of the piece measures approximately 3.5" x 3.5", which is not too large and since the tulle is translucent, it creates a soft subtle effect that does not overpower. I know I will find the perfect pale gray dupioni and I already have the gray tulle I'd like to use. The look would be subtle and the swarovski crystals (not black, but a color called "crystal") added to the tulle would be the perfect touch. Also, vintage rhinestones in the middle of the flower instead of swarovski crystals would add a much nicer touch given the special occassion. I'm loving all the tone on tone contrasting that will make up this piece and I think you will too!"

P.S. I kept the brooch and it looks great on my winter coat.

No comments: