Friday, December 19, 2008

Buried in fabric

So I found out a few days ago that I'm probably going to go a on a few work trips in the next few months which is always exciting. Unfortunately for me, when this happens, I don't really get more than 10 days notice before I go and I usually have plans already in place and have to cancel. With the wedding next year and several weddings we have to attend already scheduled, I know I need to get as much planning done now as I can. This week I've been obsessed with table setting/scapes.

I found some really cute yellowish bulb vases from West Elm on sale and a smoky cooler glass and fun flat stem vases from CB2. My idea is to do table runners with fun fabrics that have black, grey and yellow, and then put a few of the vases on top. I've had to add black to the color palette because it's impossible to avoid.

Looks at the fun fabrics I bought for table runners!




I also bought this but then realized it was too casual for the wedding. It's not a huge piece, so I'm going to keep it.

While I was at it, I got this one to put in Mr. Papaya Dog's mom's Christmas stocking. She's always complaining about the lack of fun fabric in Myrtle Beach.

I need a few more fabric pieces since some of the ones I bought are fat quarters or about 1/2 yard. Those I can use on the round table and in the booths, but I need longer pieces for the 6 foot long tables. These are the ones I'm thinking about.







I found all these fabrics on ebay! I can't decide which ones to get. I really need some yellow prints. I wish I could find more fabric that just had the yellow and grey combination. I'd buy all these fabrics if the budget allowed for it. I can see how people have huge fabric collections. They have some great stuff out there.

I have a great project for these fabrics after the wedding. I want to save which ever table runners have not been stained or ruined and use them to make a wedding quilt. I've been thinking about learning to quilt for some time, and I think this could inspire me to actually get off my butt and learn. A friend of mine is an amazing quilter and said she'd teach me. If I get too lazy, then I could pay someone to make the quilt. I also thought that if a quilt was too ambitious, I could also use the fabric to make throw pillows.

Are you planning to use any elements of your wedding to create gifts or keepsakes in the future? What DIY projects do you have planned? I love Mrs. Green Tea's invitation ornaments. I have plans for my extra invitations and Save the Dates but I'll have to save those projects for another post.

No comments: