Thursday, October 22, 2009

Love in Grey and Yellow : Shakin’ Our Money Makers

I know that this is controversial, but we had a money dance.  We were on the fence about it for a while but then everyone started asking us if we were going to do it.  I don’t mean just my family where the money dance is tradition, I mean Mr. Joey’s family and our friends.  When I realized that Mr. Joey’s family had done the money dance before, I was OK with us doing it because I knew we wouldn’t have to explain it to people.

I have to say, the money dance was actually one of the funnest things we did.  I didn’t think Mr. Joey would enjoy it, but he did.  And we were both surprised by the people who came forward to dance with us.

DPP_0710-1 DPP_0728-1

DPP_0726  DPP_0736

DPP_0743

For some reason, the men really like to dance with Mr. Joey and the women like to dance with me.  A little odd?

wedding6-1 dancing teachers This is what your high school teachers did on the weekend

DPP_0742-1DPP_0738  DPP_0752-6The weird thing about the money dance is that I thought we’d make maybe $100 during the dance.  In reality, we made A LOT more than that.  We used some of the money on our honeymoon and some on something really special I’ll tell you about later.  And yes, someone pinned a Subway card on Mr. Joey.

Anyone else going to do the money dance?

All images by Jess Carmichael, editing by Mrs. Joey

No comments: