Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Love in Grey and Yellow: Putting on My Face and Getting My Hair Did

The morning of the wedding was thankfully more calm than stressful.  I spent the night with my parents at a hotel near the wedding chapel, so I got to sleep in until about 6:30 am.  And I actually slept.  I had been so tired and it had been so hot that never got more than 2 or 3 hours sleep each night during the week leading up to the wedding.

My parents dropped me off at the chapel and hurried back to the hotel to get dressed.  They were also really tired and were thankful for the hotel room and the good night of ZZZs.

Ashley, my awesome hair and make-up artist, showed up a little after 7am.  She started with the make up and then moved onto my hair.  I don’t really have pictures of the make-up part.  Ashley worked fast and we finished my face before our photog even arrived.

DPP_0001 DPP_0015

After my “do” was done, Ashley went about putting my something borrowed into my hair.  I was going to wear my Aunt’s sari during the reception, but that idea didn’t pan out.  Thankfully, a Cheesy Bee (guess who) let me borrow her lovely birdcage veil for the wedding.

DPP_0018 DPP_0041 

With my cheesy veil on and hair flower inserted, I was almost ready from the neck up.  Just a little mascara and I was done.

DPP_0032-1 

I forgot to say, as we were talking, Ashley decided to change my hairstyle a little.  At that point, I didn’t care because I knew she’d do an AMAZING job no matter what.  I love the change and I love this picture because of all the texture in the image.

DPP_0036-1 Getting to spend the prep time with just Ashley and mostly my thoughts was perfect.  I would have liked to have my sister and friends there to enjoy the morning, but it was early, we were all tired, and I hadn’t had more than 5 minutes to myself in over 3 weeks.  It was the perfect time to collect my thoughts, joke around with Ashley and just breathe.

Did anyone else get ready without a loving entourage? 

All Images by Jess Carmichael

No comments: