Friday, September 18, 2009

Love in Grey and Yellow: Learning and Playing

So in addition to the fabulous food and super awesome gift planning, sister Joey also put together some games and little extra gift for me.  The games were really fun and really funny. 

She made her own mini version of wedding theme Scattergories with special game sheets.

scatThe categories were: 1. Wedding Theme 2. Wedding/First Dance Song 3. Honeymoon Destination 4. Strange Wedding Gift and 5. What the Bride is thinking.

According to the picture, someone is having a Rico Sauve themed wedding where they dance to Rock Your Body and then get ready to leave for their honeymoon in Rhode Island.  When they get back, they have some lovely rocks to enjoy.  I don’t what the bride is thinking. 

Funny thing, I actually gave someone rocks for a wedding gift.  My friend registered for them.

Sister Joey also put together the sweetest gift that still makes me laugh and cry at the same time.  She took a scrapbook and ask all the guest to give me marriage advice on the page with their assigned letter.

w book Some people wrote really sweet messages, and some wrote really funny ones – like my sister. 

OK, here’s my disclaimer.  This is not meant to disrespect Christians.  It’s more of a play on an inside joke.  Both my sister and I had the same religion teacher (at different times) who was a little kooky in a great way.  He was really into what he taught.  One year, on the last day before Christmas break, my sister’s religion class had a little Christmas party with cake.  The religion teacher put a candle on the cake and lit it, and then the entire class just sat there.  Someone asked what they were doing and the teacher said he was waiting for his homeboy JC to blow it out.  Seriously.  He wasn’t making fun of Jesus, he was just a character.  That’s why everyone loved him.  Occasionally, my sister will refer to Jesus as her homeboy and church as his crib. 

Ok, now that you know the background story, here’s sister Joey’s entry in my fabulous advice book.

“J is for Jesus. If Jesus was married, I bet he would be a great husband.  I mean really, who wouldn’t want to marry the Son of God.  Those kids would have the best grandfather EVER!” 

She’s not lying.

What kind of words of wisdom did you get about marriage?

No comments: