Friday, September 18, 2009

Love in Grey and Yellow: I Can Can

The bachelorette was a mix bag of fun and torture.  No, I wasn’t ask to carry inflatable “boy parts” or made to get some guy to give me his underpants.  It wasn’t torture because they made me wear a crown and sash (that wasn’t bad).  It was because it was hot.  I mean HOT!  The bachelorette party took place on the hottest day of the Seattle heat wave where temperatures reached 105 degrees.  I know.  That’s not crazy hot.  But you what’s crazy?  Air Conditioning in Seattle doesn’t exist.  The heat was torture but the night was fun.

We started the night at Baguette Box, my favorite sandwich place.  I mentioned it before.  They do modern twist of the traditional Vietnamese Bahn Mi.  The shop closes at 5pm, so my sister arranged for us to have it after hours.  When even got to bring in our own wine.  Just thinking about the crispy organic tofu with avocado baguette (braised coconut juice tofu + aioli + pickled daikon + red onion) is making me hungry. 

We only had about 10 people, but it was great.  It was such a good mix of people from different stages of my life.  I only wish my friend Katie from grad school and Claire from life in Russia could have made it. 

After dinner, we piled into cars and headed to Pike Place Market.  No, we weren’t going for the produce.  We were headed there for a Cabaret show at the Can Can.  I LOVE the Can Can.  The dancing, the show, the drinks (usually).  I was introduced to it last year during a friends birthday celebration and was in awe.  So much so that I’ve started taking dance classes (just for the exercise and fun) with the super hot and talented Fushia Foxxx

fushia

So at the Can Can, there are a about 6 musical/dance numbers and then there’s a portion towards the end where they bring up the brides-to-be and hot guy pretending to be a not-so-hot drunk Russian named Vlad comes up and “dances” for you.  Well, they say dances, I say gyrates and sweats.  And then you, the other ladies and sweaty Vlad dance together to Don’t Stop Believing on stage in front of EVERYONE.

Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world…oh, sorry. Anyway, yes, it’s super fun and super hot (like sexy) and super hot (like cook an egg on the sidwalk).  It was about 120 in there.  No ventilation, 105 outside, hot stage lights – you do the math.  Let’s just say that my friends we’re icing down their lady parts and we went through 5 champagne buckets of ice in 2 hours.

bachelorette party I’m melting!

After the show, we ended the night early because I wasn’t feeling so good.  I had only had 2 glasses of wine in 6 hours – it was the heat.  I had heat exhaustion.  POOP! 

Did you do anything out of character during your bachelorette party like dance on stage with a sweaty man?

bacheloretteoutside where 90 degrees felt cool!

No comments: