Thursday, September 17, 2009

Love in Grey and Yellow : the ABCs

I know. I know.  These recaps were promised 2 weeks ago but I have a good excuse.  My computer died and with it I lost all of my bridal shower and actual rehearsal pictures and some of our honeymoon pictures.  I’ve been collecting pictures from friends and family so I could put together my recaps.  Luckily, the really important pictures I had saved on a disk. 

But now, on with the show.  I mean recaps.

Sister Joey (also my MOH) lives in Italy where her husband is stationed.  Due to a number of factors, she couldn’t come home to Seattle until about 10 days before the Joey wedding.  Mama Joey had offered to throw me a bridal shower so sister Joey wouldn’t have to worry about it 10 days before the wedding, but sister Joey was not having any of it.  She said she had a plan.

Oh, what a plan!  The theme she came up with was the ABCs of Marriage.  She assigned all the guests a letter of the alphabet and asked them to come up with a gift that started with their assigned letter.  She also had over 26 edible treats – one for every letter of the alphabet.  I couldn’t believe that she pulled off a shower with 25 guests in 3 days!!!  The thought that went into it was amazing!!!  I mean she actually came up with a dish that began with the letter X.  I can’t remember what it was, some sort of Chinese cookie I think. 

food

These pictures had to be in color!

food2

The lumpia (looks like eggrolls) are Mama Joey’s specialty.  She could take on Bobby Flay in a Lumpia Throwdown and win. 

My sister wasn’t the only one who was creative that day.  The gifts were so out of the box.  A friend who had “O” bought me a little oak tree for our new house.  Another friend who had “Y” bought a yellow flash drive and filled it with over 200 songs that begin with Y. 

gifts Some of the gifts.  Check out the cake made of bath towels! 

group

Some of the Ladies I LOVE so much!

jen

My friend Jen making my rehearsal bouquet

I loved all my gifts.  Some were just for me but my FAVORITE was for us.  MIL Joey gave Mr. Joey and I tickets to see Aida at the Sydney Opera House!  The seats were amazing and it was one of our favorite parts of our honeymoon.  The show was stunning, the Opera House beautiful and the two of us completely giddy in newlywed bliss. 

gift

Me opening the “A” for Aida gift. 

What was your favorite shower gift?  Was it something just for you or something for the both of you together?

 

No comments: